Abilene Housing Authority
The Housing Authority's mission is to service the housing needs of low-income families in the Authority's jurisdiction in order to enhance self-sufficiency and promote community quality of life and economic viability.
We will be recognized as a leading authority in moderate and low-income community development activities in West Texas.
The Abilene Housing Authority (AHA) provides affordable housing options to 20 counties in West Central Texas. AHA administers two rental subsidy programs for the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD). In addition, AHA co-owns a Tax Credit development in Abilene, TX. Our portfolio of housing options allow us to provide rental assistance to over 2,000 families.
Through the different programs AHA provides affordable housing to:
- 1. The elderly, at all-elderly complexes, at Prairie Gardens (48 units at Tax Credit development) and Robert Deegan Place (28 units at one Public Housing Complex)
- 2. Homeless veterans, with 185 rental assistance vouchers in our HUD-VASH Program
- 3. Transition families with Medicaid funding (services), in an institutional setting, to housing in the community through our Money-Follows-the-Person (MFP) Demonstration Program (five Housing Choice Vouchers [HCV] & five Public Housing units available)
- 4. Families with disabled family members, through our Mainstream Voucher Program (195 vouchers)
- 5. All qualified, low-income families (1,399 HCV’s & 213 Public Housing units).
AHA encourages anyone in need of affordable housing to complete an online application today for one or all of our rental assistance programs.
Serving the City of Abilene & the Counties of
Brown, Callahan, Coleman, Comanche, Eastland, Fisher, Haskell, Jones, Kent, Knox, McCulloch, Mitchell, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford, Stephens, Stonewall, Taylor, Throckmorton